Vehicle Technician / MOT testers
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Technicians / MOT testers
BURY ST EDMUNDS
Take your career to the next level with Ford Franchised training to keep you up to date with the latest technologies. If you want to further your skill set and advance as a technician we want to hear from you.
We are an established multi-franchise retailer currently looking for a Vehicle Technician to enhance our aftersales team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected retailer and become a key member of our aftersales operation and company. Use your industry experience to complete high quality maintenance, diagnostic and servicing activities in a franchised dealership
We are seeking a qualified Vehicle Technician to join our dealership in Bury St Edmunds and assist in providing a high quality and efficient vehicle service offering for our customers. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Workshop Controller, this role offers you the opportunity to be put your technical expertise to use and solve complex technical issues, whilst gaining new skills and exposure to new vehicle models and methods of working.
- Complete scheduled vehicle servicing in line with manufacturer guidelines
- Undertake diagnostic activities to identify causes and solutions for customer vehicle issues
- Conduct electronic visual health checks (EVHC) on all vehicles and provide a comprehensive report with expert advice and recommendations for customers
- Liaise directly with customers and service advisors, providing outstanding customer service
- Ensure vehicle servicing activities are completed in a safe and high quality manner, in line with both internal and manufacturer requirements
- Participate in on-going training and development to ensure product and service knowledge is up to date
- Contribute to local and companywide process improvements and innovations
Required Skills and Experience
You will ideally be a Level 3 qualified vehicle technician. You will hold a full UK driving licence and ideally have manufacturer experience. Franchised Dealer continuous training and development. In addition to your prior experience, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- A strong customer service focus with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
What We Offer
We offer good pay and conditions and a 5 day week.
Training through the Ford Academy and MOT training if required.
£2000 joining bonus available (terms and conditions apply)
Working week Monday to Friday and Flexible Saturday overtime if required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent