Kia Apprentice Technician training at EMG Motor Group Thetford
An apprenticeship is a great way to start your career with EMG Motor Group. Successful completion of the comprehensive 3 year Apprentice Technician Programme will ensure that you have the skills and knowledge to carry out every aspect of vehicle maintenance diagnostic and repair work within a Kia dealership.
Who should enrol?
As a guide to candidates enrolling on to the programme - the following would be beneficial:
- Predicted or achieved Grade C or above in GCSE Maths, English and a related subject
- Have a genuine interest in automotive engineering, electrics and electronics
- Have an interest in motor vehicles
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team environment
Format of the scheme
Once a candidate has passed the selection process, the pathway below is followed:
- Candidates will join EMG Motor Group as an Apprentice Technician
- Candidates will receive on-the-job training from our Kia qualified Technicians at Thetford
- In addition, candidates will receive additional theoretical and practical training on block release at The Kia Academy in Nottingham
- Candidates will receive regular visits in their dealership from a dedicated Field Assessor/Mentor
- Product specific courses will also be provided for any new Kia models
Education Training Programme
Our programme has been designed specifically with your future needs in mind. It maximises on-the-job training whilst minimising time away from our dealership. The programme is run by a fully qualified, dedicated team who will ensure that every candidate receives comprehensive training on the latest vehicles, specialist tools, industry technologies, diagnostic equipment, IT systems and customer handling techniques.
What's in it for you?
- You’ll achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate as well as qualifications in functional skills and Mitsubishi specific qualifications
- You’ll get 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- You’ll receive on-the-job training
- All Academy training is carried out by qualified Kia lecturers
- The programme is fully supported by Kia Motors in the UK
- You’ll enjoy full use of the Kia Academy resources
- You’ll be given block release for training
- Whilst on site your safety is paramount to us (24hr support provided)
Reward for Successful Completion
Every candidate enrolled on the programme will work towards achieving the nationally recognised, Level 3, Light Vehicle Standards in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair; as well as achieving Kia Technician status upon completion of the programme.
In order to achieve completion of the Kia programme and recognition of occupational competence, candidates will need to complete:
- A series of performance based practical assessments – ‘Gateway Assessments’
- Training block written and online assessments
- Formative assessment of behaviour
- Training programme ‘End Point’ practical assessment
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2