Job Description – Rental Manager
Due to the expansion of Rent Direct, we are looking for a Rental Manager for our new Ipswich branch.
The primary purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Rental department on site. You will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the department through the development of sales to both retail and local corporate customers, whilst ensuring you deliver excellent customer service.
Reporting to the General Manager of the site as well as the Group Rental Manager, you will aim to drive the Rent Direct brand forward in this exciting new venture at a new location.
You will be the first point of contact with our customers in a busy vehicle hire office. Whether it is via the phone, email or face-to-face you will be responsible for booking reservations and ensuring our customers experience a smooth process from reservation to end of hire. You will also be responsible for ensuring the customer hires the right vehicle for their needs whilst also assessing their eligibility to hire and completing the relevant checks and hire documents required. You will be expected to plan each day's delivery and collection program, ensuring this occurs in a timely manner. There are also a number of administrative tasks to complete daily.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with experience in Vehicle Rental or another closely related service industry.
- You must have a strong telephone manner (fluent in English), confidence in using various IT software packages and a basic grasp of Mathematics (Pricing).
- You must have demonstrated fantastic customer service skills previously, be quick to build a rapport and be presentable & professional at all times.
- It is essential you have a Full UK Licence.
- Relevant Rental/Automotive experience as well as Managerial experience is required.
- Someone with the ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment whilst managing your workload along with the workload of other team members.
- Communicate and maintain customer service standards and measurements in line with the requirements of the Brand.
- Provide clear leadership by ensuring the vision and objectives for the business are understood and communicated.
- Develop a customer service driven environment and culture through regular communication, team building and coaching with the employees of your business.
- Has the skills to draw the best performance from their employees and interacts with them, in a manner that builds relationships and team spirit.
- Possesses an energy and genuine regard for the importance of our customers.
- Can focus on maximising the potential of their area of responsibility today whilst also having an eye for opportunity, planning for the future and being able to manage some strategic risks.
- Possesses the personal impact and stature of a professional business person and has the essential skills to make an impact with a range of customers.
Competitive salary offered
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Rental experience – 1year +
Full UK Driving licence
Management experience – 1year +