Am I eligible?
How do I know if I'm eligible for the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme enables people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV), scooter or powered wheelchair. Find out more about how Motability works.
To be eligible to join the Scheme, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and must have at least 12 months worth award length of your allowance remaining:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Higher rate mobility component of Child Disability Payment
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Even if you can’t drive yourself, you can still use your mobility allowance to lease a car on the Motability scheme. The Motability worry-free package includes insurance for up to three named drivers which could include family members, carers, or friends.